|Your baby will experience vital developmental and psychological growth in his or her first year. Massage provides an opportunity to give your baby extra nurturing so that he or she has the best possible start in life. The benefits of infant massage include:
* Promotes bonding and attachment between parents and baby.
* Enhances cognitive performance (memory, attention, concentration, language, perception).
* Stimulates motor coordination (crawling, standing, reaching, holding, eye-hand coordination, control of head).
* Improves sleep patterns.
* Reduces crying and irritability from colic,
* Strengthens digestive, circulatory, immune, and central nervous systems.
* Reduces gas and difficulties with breastfeeding.
* Relaxes the infant, lessening tension and stress.
Please bring a pillow on which to lay the baby, a changing pad, a receiving blanket, a hand towel or cloth diaper, and a bottle of safflower, olive, or coconut oil. And, of course, your baby!
Discounted rates are available to Torrance Memorial employees and volunteers, and ADVANTAGE Program members. Please call (310) 517-4711 to register if you qualify to receive a discounted rate.